My biggest takeaways from Scott Barker’s talk on stealing the best ideas from marketing to use in sales
Watching Scott Barker from Sales Hacker, Inc. shred this talk on stealing the best ideas from marketing to use in sales.
This is a topic near and dear to me because I’ve been in both marketing and sales roles and leverage my marketing chops to sell better.
Here are my biggest takeaways:
1) Authenticity is going to play an integral role in modern selling. Be simple with your value prop. Remove buzz words and relate your product to simple things everyone understands. “Escape competition through authenticity.”
2) Sales needs to replicate what marketing does on a macro level but on a micro level. Make sure you’re using content to build authority and your personal brand.
3) Engage with your community online. Find LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups, etc and engage.
Great talk, Scott!
- Blissful Prospecting Podcast. Subscribe and listen daily for tips and interviews to help you land more meetings with your ideal clients by sending better cold outreach.
- Reply Method Guide. A proven messaging framework for increasing response rates, setting more meetings, and closing more deals from your cold emails and cold calls.
- Work together. Get help growing your team’s outbound sales faster with more consistency. Contact me to talk about training, coaching, and workshops.