Outbound 3.0 is here…
Outbound 1.0 (90s-2000s)
- Mass email blasts (à la the Predictable Revenue referral cold email) are all the rage
- Email and phone are not used together in a multi-channel approach
- Pre-call research isn’t needed to book a meeting
Outbound 2.0 (late 2000s to ~2016)
- Mass email blasts stop working
- Multi-channel email, phone, and social sequences become a requirement
- Pre-call research is a must, tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator make research less labor-intensive
- Personalization doesn’t have to provide context (e.g. “saw you’re a Dodgers fan!”)
Outbound 3.0 (2017 to present)
- Contact rates decrease significantly because everyone is starting to use sales engagement tools to automate terrible emails, LinkedIn messages, and texts
- Multi-channel prospecting is here to stay (video is added to the mix)
- Personalization is no longer enough, prospects need context
- NEW: Thought leadership becomes the new norm…sales teams start taking a blended outbound/inbound approach and encourage reps to build thought leadership through LinkedIn content, turning cold outreach into warm outreach
How are you taking advantage of the Outbound 3.0 era?
PS – Whenever you’re ready, here are three ways we help sales teams grow their outbound sales:
- Connect on LinkedIn. I post daily about prospecting, sales, and how to be an outbound badass.
- Reply Method Guide. Our messaging framework for increasing response rates, setting more meetings, and closing more deals.
- Work with us. Get help increasing your team’s outbound sales by 2-3x. Schedule an outbound strategy session to learn three key strategies for crushing your revenue targets this year and see if Outbound Accelerator is right for your team.